Tuesday 18 March 2014

OUCH!

      Strange though it may seem, one of my worst fears about living in a cloud forest hasn't been treading on a snake or being bitten on the neck by a mountain lion, it's always been getting stung in a sensitive and intimate place by a scorpion.
      The other day my worst fears were realized.
      It happened after an early morning shower, I grabbed a towel and began to dry myself vigorously around my nether region, which apparently the scorpion didn't appreciate - and it hit its intended target. Luckily it was only a small one, (the scorpion that is) but it didn't half make me hop around, long enough for the scorpion to make its exit. 
      Shortly after my neighbour came round and I told her I had been stung.
      "Donde? (Where?)"
      "Aqui (Here)" I said pointing downwards.
      She laughed so hard I thought she was going to have a fit.

1 comment: